JANUARY ON THE FLY WRITING RETREATS
Jan. 6-15, 2018
Clearwater Writers JANUARY ON THE FLY 2018 is a new retreat program that allows writers to make last-minute reservations to work with Reflections Inn writer-in-residence Paula Coomer. This is the only retreat program we have of this kind. Ms. Coomer will be on site from Jan. 6-15. Writers may reserve time and space for 2-5 night stays.
Entering its fifth year, Clearwater Writers is a writing retreat program hosted by Reflections Inn, a quiet, rural travel lodge situated in North Central Idaho on the wild and scenic Clearwater River. The program’s goal is to provide time and space away from the usual concerns to focus on initiating or completing projects in a peaceful, inspiring setting with a group of other writers. Retreat programs are facilitated by the Inn’s writer-in-residence, Paula Coomer, poet and author of such books as Jagged Edge of the Sky, Dove Creek, Nurses Who Love English, and Blue Moon Vegetarian. With 20 years of experience as a university and community teacher of writing, Ms. Coomer offers creative inspiration and guidance for writers at all levels of accomplishment.
Features of JANUARY ON THE FLY 2018
- Writers are welcome to stay from 2 to 5 nights in a scenic, wilderness setting in Idaho’s Rocky Mountain foothills
- Minimum of 48-hour advance reservation required (see contact information below)
- Beautiful, tastefully-appointed, private accommodations
- No cell phone or Internet access
- No phones or televisions in rooms
- Emergency phone on site
- Very low rate of $90 per night (plus tax) (includes $65 per night room rate and $25 per day facilitator donation)
- A maximum of 6 other writers
- Feedback on up to 25 double-spaced pages of writing (find specific formatting requirements here)
Meals and Transportation
- Attendees bring their own meal preparations; cooking, cold storage, and communal dining space available in 2 fully-equipped, well-appointed kitchens
- Compact refrigerators in each room as well as coffee makers
- No Food Service option available for this retreat
- Air transportation and car rental available via Lewiston, Idaho, airport
Application for Clearwater Writers JANUARY ON THE FLY 2018 Writing Retreat
- To apply for a JANUARY ON THE FLY 2018 retreat, call Ms. Coomer at 509-295-8860 or write to email@example.com
- A small writing sample and phone interview is required.
- Cost for the retreat is $90 per night.
- This includes room fees and a facilitator honorarium.
- $65 per night is due at the time of reservation.
- A facilitator honorarium of $25 per day is also required and is due at the time of arrival.
- No refunds for JANUARY ON THE FLY 2018.
- For more about Reflections Inn, go to www.reflectionsinn.com
- To make reservations, call Ruth May at Reflections Inn directly at 208-926-0855.