JANUARY ON THE FLY WRITING RETREATS
Jan. 8-14, 2019
Clearwater Writers JANUARY ON THE FLY 2019 is a repeat of a new retreat program that allows writers to make last-minute reservations to work with Reflections Inn writer-in-residence Paula Coomer. This is the only retreat program we have of this kind, the least expensive, and the most flexible Ms. Coomer will be on site from Jan. 8-14. Writers may reserve time and space for 2-6 night stays.
Entering its sixth year, Clearwater Writers is a writing retreat program hosted by Reflections Inn, a quiet, rural travel lodge situated in North Central Idaho on the wild and scenic Clearwater River. The program’s goal is to provide time and space away from the usual concerns to focus on initiating or completing projects in a peaceful, inspiring setting with a group of other writers. Retreat programs are facilitated by the Inn’s writer-in-residence, Paula Coomer, poet and author of such books as Jagged Edge of the Sky, Dove Creek, Nurses Who Love English, and Blue Moon Vegetarian. With more than 20 years of experience as a university and community teacher of writing, Ms. Coomer offers creative inspiration and guidance for writers at all levels of accomplishment.
Features of JANUARY ON THE FLY 2019
- Writers are welcome to stay from 2 to 6 nights in a scenic, wilderness setting in Idaho’s Rocky Mountain foothills
- Minimum of 48-hour advance reservation required (see contact information below)
- To apply for the January on the Fly retreat after Dec. 30, please call the Inn at 208-926-0855 and leave a message for Ms. Coomer, including a contact phone number. Ms. Coomer will return your call within 15-30 minutes. A brief telephone interview is required for first-time attendees prior to making reservations. PLEASE NOTE: Ms. Coomer is NOT available by email after 12-29-2018. You must call the Inn directly at least 48 hours in advance of arrival in order to make arrangements.
- Beautiful, tastefully-appointed, private accommodations
- No cell phone or Internet access
- No phones or televisions in rooms
- Emergency phone on site
- More than 50% off the usual room rate
- A maximum of 6 other writers
- Feedback on 5 pages per night of stay (2 nights/10 pages; 3 nights/15 pages, etc.)
- Please note these must be double-spaced, Times New Roman 12 cpi (Ms. Coomer is very particular about this)
- For specific formatting requirements click here
Meals and Transportation
- Attendees bring their own meal preparations; cooking, cold storage, and communal dining space available in 2 fully-equipped, well-appointed kitchens
- Compact refrigerators in each room as well as coffee makers
- No Food Service option available for this retreat
- Air transportation and car rental available via Lewiston, Idaho, airport
Application for Clearwater Writers JANUARY ON THE FLY 2019 Writing Retreat
- To apply for a JANUARY ON THE FLY 2019 retreat, call Ms. Coomer at 509-295-8860 or write to firstname.lastname@example.org
- A small writing sample and phone interview is required.
- Cost for the retreat is as follows:
- $70.20 ($65 plus 8% tax) per night is due at the time of reservation.
- A facilitator honorarium of $25 per day (2 nights: $50; 3 nights: $75; 4 nights: $100, etc.) due at the time of arrival.
- No refunds for JANUARY ON THE FLY 2019, but any payments may transfer to a future retreat.
- For more about Reflections Inn, go to www.reflectionsinn.com
- Once Ms. Coomer has given you the go-ahead, you can make reservations directly by calling Ruth May at Reflections Inn at 208-926-0855.